1. Meditation – to meditate means to contemplate; to reflect. To fix your attention away from distracting thoughts and focusing on the present moment. Starting your day meditating is extremely important. Studies have shown that meditation positively affects our mind and body. I personally love meditating in God’s Word (the Bible) because it refreshes my soul and gives me the energy I need to start my day.
2. Breakfast – believe it or not, having a good breakfast before you head out the door is very important. It’s the most important meal of the day, it jump starts your metabolism and gives you energy to go through the day.
3. Verify – it is good to always confirm what people tell you. Don’t blindly follow the crowd – be wise!
4. Read – always read before entering anywhere or doing anything. Often times we make mistakes because we lack knowledge and understanding. We don’t read or educate ourselves before doing anything.
5. Pray without ceasing – this means to have a constant communication with God. Whether it is asking Him for guidance and direction or simply thanking Him for all He is doing in your life.
6. To-do-list – keeping a daily to-do-list, this will help you get things done without forgetting anything important.
7. Thankful – Remember that God is in control of all things and He works all for your good (Roman 8:28). That’s a promise from God. Therefore be thankful for all you go through whether it’s good or bad.
8. Rest – know when to call it a day even if you haven’t accomplished all the tasks on your list. There is only so much your mind and body can take. It’s important that you put some time aside to relax and to get your mind to a calm state before going to bed. Take a long warm bath – read a book!
D. Arelis XO